Honey Teriyaki Salmon
The cooking technique imparts depth of flavour in a matter of minutes to produce irresistibly flaky honey teriyaki salmon.
The sauce is created with a few simple ingredients and can also be applied to any other protein such as chicken or beef. For a more intense flavour allow the salmon to marinade in the homemade teriyaki sauce for 20 minutes before cooking. Serve the honey teriyaki salmon with rice, noodles or fresh vegetables such as green beans, asparagus or kale.
Honey Teriyaki Salmon
Take a classic fish dish to the next level with our honey teriyaki salmon recipe! A combination of sweet honey and salty soy along with classic Asian ingredients which will delight the palate. Our honey teriyaki salmon recipe is incredibly quick, easy and delicious.
- 3 oz salmon fillet
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger, finely chopped
- 2 scallion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tbsp milk
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
For the Teriyaki Sauce:
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- In a bowl combine the honey, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, mirin and sesame oil. Whisk together to form the teriyaki sauce.
- Portion the salmon into individual fillets, approximately 3 oz per portion.
- Into three separate bowls add the cornstarch, milk and sesame seeds.
- Then dip the salmon fillet skin-side-down into the cornstarch, followed by the flour and finally into the sesame seeds.
- Place a saute pan on medium heat and add the vegetable oil.
- Lay the salmon skin-side-down into the pan and sear for 3 minutes until the skin begins to crisp.
- Remove the salmon from the pan and set aside.
- Into the saute pan add the garlic and ginger, saute for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Pour the teriyaki sauce into the pan and bring to a simmer for 2 minutes.
- Return the salmon to the pan, skin-side-up, and allow it to finish cooking for 2 minutes.
- Serve the honey teriyaki salmon alongside green beans, garnished with freshly chopped scallions.
3g Sat Fats
Nutrition info is a rough estimate based on the ingredients. Values may vary from case to case.
As with all recipes, there is a number of ways you can get things done. If you believe that some of the instructions can be improved, or have alternative solution, feel free to leave a comment.
Leave a Reply