Duff Goldman – Simple And Tasty Recipes
Jeffrey Adam “Duff” Goldman is a pastry chef, TV host, and cookbook writer. The executive chef is at Charm City Cakes, a Maryland-based Charm City Cakes shop. He is famous for his amazing and unique desserts. In this article, we will see the recipes Duff Goldman.
1. Texas Chili Recipe
- The chili paste should be prepared first by lightly toasting the dried chilies in a pan that is dry for 1 minute or 2 minutes per side. This will aid in releasing the oils.
- Remove from the heat and let it cool down enough for handling. The peppers should be soaked in boiling hot water for 20 mins, or until they’re soft and soft.
- Put them in the food processor, along with about 1/2-1/2 cup water you soaked as well as a little salt according to the taste. Process until smooth and creamy. Keep aside for now.
- Add the beef cubes to the bowl in a large container and mix with the cumin, and some salt and some pepper. Make sure that everything is well and well coated. Make sure that you heat 1 tablespoon of oil on medium-high heat in a large saucepan adding the steak.
- Cook for about 6 to 7 minutes before searing the meat throughout. Add the olive oil, along with the jalapenos, serranos , and onion.
- Then simmer them for about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, and stir. Cook to a simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add your beef broth (or beer) 2 cups of brown sugar, 2 cups of water Worcestershire, masa and bring it to a rapid boil.
- If you’re using optional ingredients, add them in immediately. It will begin to thicken beautifully as it cooks.
- If it gets too thick, mix 1 cup of water , and mix. If it’s not thick enough, you can thin it by adding more masa.
- Serve it with your favorite fixings! Prepare for an unforgettable “bowl of wine”!
2. Black, White and Green Cookies Recipes
- Mix baking powder 2 1/2 cups of flour and 1 1/2 teaspoons and salt in a large bowl.
- Mix sugar and mint in the food processor until mint is well chopped.
- Add butter and mix until combined. Add dry ingredients, and then pulse once more to mix. Mix egg with egg yolks and pulse until a shaggy-looking dough forms.
- Transfer the dough to an area lightly sprayed with flour and gently knead until dough retains its shape. Divide dough into two portions; make each half into the shape of a 1″-thick disk. Cover disks with plastic and let them chill until they are hard, at most 2 hours. Make rounds using a cookie cutter lightly floured, and then place on two baking sheets lined with parchment, spaced 1″ between.
- Make scraps of dough into the shape of a 1″-thick disk. Wrap it in plastic and refrigerate for 10 minutes if it is soft. Repeat the process with leftovers.
- Use a bench scraper or straight edge up 1″ away from the edge of a cookie , and cordon off a small semicircle. Cover the semicircle with sanding sugar and gently press it to adhere.
- Scrape away the scraper, and you’ll have a neat sugared edge. Repeat the process with the remaining cookies, and additional sanding sugar.
- Bake cookies by rotating baking sheets from top to bottom, and then going back to front about halfway through till edges have lightly brown 10-12 minutes.
- Allow 10 minutes to cool on baking sheets and transfer to two wire racks that are placed inside two baking sheets with rims and let cool completely.
3. Topanga Honey Rolled Baklava
Making this rolled baklava recipe will take only 20 minutes of preparation time. That’s about a quarter less time than traditional Baklava!
- Chop the nuts: Make use of a food processor to break the nuts down into small pieces. Prepare the filling A medium-sized bowl mix the nuts chopped with confectioners’ sweetener and cinnamon. In a small bowl make the butter melt.
- Make the Sheets of Phyllo Dough On an ample cutting board, spread out the phyllo, one sheet at a time, and then brush each with butter that is melted.
- Make The Rolled Baklava: Sprinkle the nuts on the buttered sheets , then make the phyllo into an encased roll. The baklava log should be placed in the baking pan, and repeat your rolling procedure until out of food ingredients.
- Make sure to brush the Rolled Baklava Brush the baklava that has been rolled with butter that is melted.
- Baklava: Bake Rolled Baklava Bake the Rolled Baklava: Place the baking dish into the oven at 375°F for 25 minutes.
- Make sure to soak the Rolled Baklava in a pot, mix the sugar and the water and simmer it at a low temperature for about 10 minutes. If you want, you can include some cinnamon sticks as the syrup is forming. Incorporate the honey and mix to combine. Spread the sweet mix over the baking tray , and allow it to sit at room temperature for three hours.
- Cut the Baklava Cut the baklava into bite-sized pieces , and garnish each with a clove, if you like.
4. Sweet Southern Cornbread
- Set two mini loaf pans that have 8 cavities in the oven to warm up.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the cake flour, cornmeal and baking powder.
- Add sugar. in a bowl medium, mix the eggs, buttermilk and oil and salt until it is a uniform color. Slowly fold the liquid into the dry mix. It should be a loose dough but not like a dough.
- Take the loaf pans out of the oven and then quickly spray them with cooking spray.
- Divide the batter equally among 12 muffin pans. Bake until the tops of the loaf are dark brown, and a toothpick stuck into the middle is clean, anywhere from 28 to 30 minutes.
- The pans should be rotated 180 degrees midway through baking. Then, immediately turn the cornbread loaves out of the pans and onto cooling racks to cool. This will also help form a crispy crust.
5. Brown Butter Blondies
- First, you need to roast the butter. Put it in a medium-sized saucepan on low heat to cook. Examine it after 10 minutes. It should be medium brown in color. When it is at this color, take off the flame and allow it to cool.
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F as well as grease a 9 by 13-inch baking sheet.
- Within the bowl of your stand mixer equipped with a paddle attachment, beat the cool brown butter with brown sugar so they are smooth for about 2 minutes. Add the vanilla and eggs and mix while scraping the edges from the bowl.
- Add the baking powder, flour and salt , and mix until well-combined. Incorporate the walnuts as well as white choc chips.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the pan you have prepared. Bake the blondies for around 35 minutes and until a toothpick placed into the center of the cake comes out with just small crumbs stuck to the surface.
- Cool fully on the wire rack then cut them into pieces and wrap them individually in plastic wrap to ensure that the sides do not dry out.
- Place them in the freezer, or at room temperature.