Chicken Kale Caesar Salad With Crunchy Chickpeas
3 min reading time
A fantastic Caesar salad gains its famed flavor from a superb dressing. This one is packed with lots of the best ingredients – anchovies, lemon, and Parmesan. This salad is quick and easy to prepare. We’ve also updated it with an additional increase in nutrients, protein, and fiber.
Ingredients for Crispy Chickpeas:
Chickpeas Cans of chickpeas cleaned and drained. Dry them completely and once cooked in the oven, they’ll turn super crisp and chewy!
Olive oil: Prior to roasting the dried chickpeas they’ll receive a dose of olive oil to aid them in their quest to turn into crisp and crunchy.
Ingredients For Caesar Dressing:
- Olive oil: Pick up an excellent bottle of olive oil and use it to make the caesar dressing. It might not be an ingredient that is commonly used in caesar dressing, however it’s truly amazing.
- Mayonnaise: A couple of tablespoons of mayonnaise to make the dressing extremely rich and creamy.
- Parmesan: Freshly grated freshness is vital!
- Anchovies: I make use of anchovy paste. A small dab of it makes an amazing caesar salad.
- Garlic A few fresh cloves that have been crushed and minced.
- Lemon: I make use of the zest and juice of a lemon that is fresh.
- Worcestershire: Umami at its highest. A little bit will suffice.
- Sugar: To counterbalance the acidity of the other in the ingredient.
- Freshly cracked black pepper is the best choice in this salad dressing.
Ingredients For Kale Salad:
- Lacinato/dinosaur Kale: A plethora that is super dark and crunchy Kale that can be used to make the base of your salad.
- Parmesan: Take a slice of fresh Parm and rub it on the top of the salad. A lot of it.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Paper towels are laid out on the cutting board. Sprinkle chickpeas on the towels and then dry them. Transfer them to a mixing bowl. Add salt and olive oil and mix well in a way to coat. Transfer the mix to a baking tray and arrange chickpeas in an equally spaced layer. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until crisp with a stir halfway through. Let cool.
- Then, in the bowl you’re using, mix together the dressing ingredients. Adjust seasoning to taste and adjust as needed. Mix in the kale and stir well to coat it with dressing.
- Optional step: Place the kale in a bowl large enough to drizzle olive oil over it. The kale should be massaged until coated in olive oil. Allow it to sit for 5 minutes.
- Once you are ready to serve, divide salads dressed with kale into large bowls. Top with crisp chickpeas and freshly cut Parmesan cheese.
Leave a Reply